Scooters for Kids
Well it wouldn't be fair if it was just you who had the fun!
Kid’s scooters should be lightweight, sturdy and have some color options. We look at some great scooters for kids.
Small children should avoid powerful electric scooters and always wear protective gear.
We recommend some essential accessories for kids too.
Up to 8.7 mph
Eagle V2 Black Core Wheels
3 Travel Modes
Lightweight and Foldable
40-minute/6 mile duration
Ages 6 – 12 Years
The Ninebot eKickScooter ZING E8 is one of the very first KickScooters designed for young people by Segway. Extremely light (7.9 kg) and can be folded up in an instant without using your hands. The battery has been placed under the platform, keeping the centre of gravity low. 3 travel modes are available: limiting the maximum speed to 6.2 mph in safety mode, eliminating the need to push the accelerator (a simple kick & go is enough) in cruising mode, and the turbo mode eliminates the need to give a jolt to start. Equipped with three independent brakes, hand, foot and regenerative braking to ensure a safe stopping distance at all times. Reaches a full charge in just 4 hours and the Intelligent Battery Management System (BMS) ensures that energy is not wasted.
Up to 16 km/h
8″ Air Filled Front Tire
Rear Wheel Drive
Twist Grip Throttle
One of the best buys we’ve ever made. Our son is obsessed and the battery life is great.. We went for long rides, up the hills too and it hasn’t run out. It’s sturdy and expensive looking and if your child doesn’t want to ride anymore it’s actually really easy just push it next to you with one hand.. I thought as it’s heavy it would be very hard but quite the opposite
Genuine Amazon Buyer Review (March 2020)
The RIPSAR is suitable for older kids (8+) and smaller adults (54 kg)
Best Kid's Kick Scooters
Micro Maxi 3 Wheel Scooter
- For riders aged 5-12
- Max weight 50 kg
- RANGE of COLOURS
- Substantial rear brake for safety
- ADJUSTABLE HANDLEBAR
- Strong frame
- Durable handle grips for comfort
- Swiss designed and engineered by the multi award winning engineers at Micro
- Made with replaceable parts. You can repair your scooter rather than buy a whole new one. A Micro is for life.
Fuzion Pro X-5 Stunt Scooter
- For riders aged 8+
- Robust design
- Spec only found on much higher priced scooters
- Lightweight and durable
- Ideal for entry to intermediate riders
- Aircraft grade aluminum deck
- 100mm 5-spoke stunt wheels
- High Tensile Steel Reinforced V-Bars
- Super smooth IHC compression system with sealed bearings.
- One of the most robust kid’s scooters available
Micro Sprite Scooter
- For riders age 5-12
- Max weight 100 kg
- OTHER COLOURS
- One click folding mechanism
- Rider height 110 cm-152 cm
- Lightweight at only 2.7 kg
- Easy-adjust handlebars and soft foam grips
- Swiss engineering
- A great introduction to two wheels for kids aged 5-12
- Fantastic reviews (4,8/5.0)
Micro Scooter Mini Deluxe
- For riders aged 2-5
- Max weight 35 kg
- BLUE or PINK
- Adjustable handlebar (49-68cm) which makes it perfect for growing adventurers
- Anodised stem, an extra grippy footplate and an increased weight limit of 35kgs.
- The Mini Micro Deluxe is the scooter of choice for ages 2-5
- Weighs only 1.8kgs making it ideal for younger riders
- Iconic and award-winning design
These scooters are all traditional ‘Kick’ scooters, selected for their value and excellent customer reviews. They are ‘tried and tested’ which is so important to consider when making any purchase.
The selection of scooters available has been severely affected by the pandemic. Many popular models aren’t on the market anymore because most scooter manufacturers are China based.
Most of the scooters here are made in the EU/US to reduce delivery delay and supply problems.They are perfect for active kids or young adults who want something sturdy and fun to ride. They can make a great gift for any speedy little racer.
Electric Scooter for Kids
Three electric scooters for kids that will last and give hours of fun and pleasure.
Keep your child safe
Scooters are great fun for kids but they need head protection at the very least.
7 Scooter Safety Tips for Kids
- Dress the Part: Avoid baggy clothing that could get tangled up with the scooter. Children should wear sensible shoes, such as trainers (not sandals or flip flops), bright coloured clothing – and of course, they should always have a helmet on.
- Road Crossing Safety: Make sure your child always gets off their scooter to cross the road and follows the usual rules.
- Lose the baggage: Don’t hang anything on the handlebars that could upset the balance of the scooter (You’re carrying the bags!)
- Check the Scooter: Before setting out, make sure any bolts on the scooter are tightened and check that the wheels and handlebars are secure. Ensure any folding parts are fully locked in the riding position.
- Slow Down: Encourage little ones to slow down or get off and walk when you need to pass other people on the path.
- Sidewalk Police: If your child is scooting on the sidewalk, make sure an adult walks nearest to the road.
- Plan the Route: Choose a smooth, flat route and avoid steep hills. When your little one is starting out, find a park or other traffic-free area where they can practice scooting.
Accessories for kids
LED Light Up Front Wheel
Height Adjustable – 4 settings
Lightweight and portable
The scooter came well packaged and was easy to assemble once unpackaged. This has been the best £39.99 I have spent as my son uses it everywhere, and it means we can get places a lot faster than when he decided he was walking, as he has little legs. He’s always keen for a scoot, even when before he would have complain he was tired so it’s a win win for us.
Need a Kick Scooter for Older Ages? Try the 3StyleScooters Range:
BIKESTAR Kick Scooter for Kids 5-year-old | Classic Edition
Air filled tires means there is nothing holding you back!
Frustrated with the inline skate wheel scooters that clunk over sidewalks and get hung up on the smallest pebble? The Bikestar can go over the top of all that and more!
Beginner and Intermediate Riders
With this scooter and its large tyres you can go almost every place a bike can go! Roll over grass or loose pavement and grit.
The bike style hand brakes makes stopping intuitive, and the large deck is easy to balance.
- KIDS BMX SCOOTER: A suitable hybrid, BMX and scooter, built for beginner and intermediate riders
- EASY RIDING: With easy turning, drifting and accelerating
- Steel frame with handy metal stand
- DURABLE 10″ TYRES: Pneumatic tyres give a cushioned riding experience
- GREAT VALUE KICK SCOOTER/BIKE HYBRID
Affordable and fun
SUITABLE FOR AGES 6+ years
The E-SKOOT is a scaled-down, electric-powered scooter that lets younger riders live out their fantasies.
- TOP SPEED: 12km/h
- DISTANCE RANGE: 10-15km
- 120 WATT MOTOR
- TWIST THROTTLE
- MAX WEIGHT 70 kg
- SIZE: (L) 71cm x (W) 38cm x (H) 52cm
- SIDE KICK STAND
- REMOVEABLE SEAT